I feel like cauliflower and chickpeas are both having a moment right now. Everything has these ingredients, and they are being used in pretty creative ways! So I thought I would jump on the bandwagon! I always WANT hummus, but I never have it. And I never have chickpeas in my pantry so that I could make it myself. But I do always have cauliflower. And if you buy tahini once, you have enough for an entire year so that was in my fridge as well. So Roasted Jalapeno Cauliflower Hummus was made!
Of course, I couldn’t leave it PLAIN. That wouldn’t be on brand. It needed a little warmth and spice and you know my love for roasted peppers! I added a roasted jalapeno to the traditional hummus flavors. Let me tell you, it is GOOD. I don’t even like raw carrots, and I ate all the carrot sticks on this plate because I needed to get more of the Roasted Jalapeno Cauliflower Hummus into my mouth! It is thick and creamy and spicy. Hummus perfection!
Roasted Jalapeno Cauliflower Hummus
- blender or food processor
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- Zest+Juice of 1 lemon
- Place cauliflower florets and garlic into a medium-sized pot. Cover with water.
- Add a big pinch of salt (maybe a tablespoon or so). Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat.
- Cook cauliflower and garlic until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, roast the jalapeno. I place the jalapeno on a baking sheet or cast-iron skillet under the broiler, rotating the pepper so that it gets charred on all sides. Remove the pepper and place in a food storage bag to steam. When the pepper is cool enough to handle, remove the stem, skin, and seeds.
- Drain cauliflower and garlic.
- Add everything to a blender, and blend.
- Taste and add any salt or lemon juice to taste.
- Eat with pita chips, on a wrap, with a plate of veggies, or just with a spoon!
Go HERE for more delicious Snacks + Sweets