A few years ago, my husband declared that he would no longer eat asparagus. He was an adult now, and he no longer needed to eat food that he didn’t like. For him, the flavor did not outweigh the, eh, smell factor if you catch my drift. So I stopped making it. I would sometimes order it when we went out, but I didn’t think I was missing it. There are other great spring vegetables after all.
Recently, however, I got a hankering for asparagus. So I told the hubs he needed to get over himself and give it a try again. Needless to say, he still won’t eat it. But I’m all in! Its fresh, crisp, and delicious. And I care not about the after affects. If anything, it just reminds me of that delicious meal I had earlier in the day! Its truly is the veg that keeps on giving!
I’m loving just popping some asparagus under the broiler, and then topping with lemon juice and feta, but the shape of the stalks is just asking to be wrapped in bacon. Amiright? That would be amazing by itself, but you know me. I need to make things *EXTRA* basically all time time. So of course I added a Honey Sriracha glaze. You can’t stop me from making things a little spicy, so don’t even try. The result was, dare I say, amazeballs? And since the hubs won’t eat it…ITS ALL MINE!
These asparagus bundles are easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but also perfect for a dinner party, brunch, or holiday feast! I made these pretty spicy (because hello, it’s me), so if spicy isn’t totally your thing, just reduce the amount of sriracha!
Honey Sriracha Asparagus Bundles
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Bacon of choice 1 piece/bundle
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- Make the bundles: Wrap a piece of bacon around 3-5 stalks of asparagus.
- Place the bundles, with the ends of the bacon on the bottom, on a baking sheet.
- Make the glaze: combine sriracha and honey.
- Place the baking sheet in a cold oven, then set the temperature to 375.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Brush with honey sriracha glaze.
- Turn on broiler, and watch closely until bacon is crispy, turning as needed to ensure even crispiness!
Find more delicious side dishes HERE. Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for even more recipes!