Snacking is one of my weaknesses. Correction. Salty snacks are my weakness. I cannot keep chips in my house because I have been known to eat an entire bag in one sitting. If you add guac or salsa to that equation I’m in serious trouble! But there are times that I need to just crunch something. Whether it’s actual hunger, hormones, or stress eating is up for debate, but the result tends to be the same. Me digging through the pantry trying to find something to satisfy. There are a few things that always hit the spot – veggies and some sort of dip and other protein-packed snacks like cheese sticks and deli meat. But on days when I need that CRUNCH, my Crispy Chickpeas really do the trick!
Drain, rinse, dry, and season a can of chickpeas. Pop them in the air fryer. Let them cool. Boom! Snack Time! These little crunchies are great on their own, but make a great soup or salad topper too! They are packed with protein and fiber, so I don’t feel bad about just leaving them on the counter for the fam to snack on either. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Crispy Chick Peas
- 1 can chickpeas drained + rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning blend no salt
- Cooking spray
- After draining/rinsing the chickpeas, lay them on a baking sheet and pat them dry.
- Spray with cooking spray of choice (I used olive oil spray), and season with salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 for 18 minutes. Let cool and enjoy these super crunchy bites!
Find more snacks HERE