A few years ago I was traveling through the Atlanta airport and needed to stop for breakfast. The Atlanta airport has a ton of food options, but my go-to is usually a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A. Unfortunately, the line on this day was INSANE. So I popped over to Starbucks. The line was just as long but was to be moving a bit more quickly. I got the Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Sous Vide Egg Bites and I honestly had pretty low expectations. Fast food eggs are usually unappetizing to me. But they blew my mind! I had to figure out how to make them at home, but unfortunately, I do not have a sous vide. I may be adding that to my kitchen wishlist though.
In the meantime, I found this silicone mold that fits perfectly in my pressure cooker. Blending the eggs, egg whites, and cottage cheese may sound strange, but it keeps everything soft and fluffy trust me. Then you can add whatever fillings you like. Of course, I went the Tex Mex route because, well, it’s me! I used the Soy Chorizo from Trader Joe’s and it is so good! All the flavor of chorizo, but plant-based so it’s not super greasy. This makes preparing the filling super easy since you don’t have to worry about draining any fat before adding it to the silicone mold.
These egg white bites would be great for a meal-prepped breakfast, brinner, or brunch table! If you make them ahead of time, just pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to warm them back up. And of course, add hot sauce *wink*
If you are looking for a pressure cooker or the silicone egg bite mold, here you go!
Chorizo* Egg White Bites
- Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot with the wire rack insert
- Silicone egg cup tray
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked soy chorizo
- 1/4 diced onion
- Olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and soy chorizo until the onions are softened.
- Add about 1 tbsp of chorizo + onion mix into each egg cup.
- Add eggs, egg whites and cottage cheese into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Fold cheddar cheese into egg mixture.
- Pour egg + cheese mixture over the cooled chorizo mixture in the egg cup tray.
- Add about a cup of water to the pressure cooker, and then place the wire rack into the pot. Carefully lower the filled egg cup tray into the pot and secure the lid.
- Cook on High pressure for 10 minutes, or use the “Steam” setting for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually and remove the tray from the pot.
- Let the egg cups cool from removing from the tray. Enjoy!!
- Egg mixture
- 1/4 tsp EBB seasoning in each egg cup
- 1/2 tsp whipped cream cheese in each egg cup
- Egg mixture
- 10 oz package of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and all the water squeezed out
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt
**This post contains affiliate links to products I use + love, or might be on my personal wish list!**