Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday, so bring on the pancakes and King Cake! I grew up going to the pancake dinners at church, and the tradition has continued at home with family and friends. Now I love me some pancakes, but I also don’t care enough about them to figure out how to make “The Best Pancakes”. I’m pretty happy eating pancakes made from a boxed mix. Or having someone else make me pancakes. That’s really the best way to do it!
If I’m having a Pancake Dinner, I like to have a savory option to go along with the sweet. BUT I DON’T WANT TO FLIP PANCAKES ON TUESDAY NIGHT. After a long day I do not want to stand in front of the stove and be a short order cook. That’s just too much to ask. So let’s just pour all the batter in the pan and bake it! Sheet pan pancakes are the best option for a weeknight brinner, or if you are serving brunch to a crowd!
You can really take any pancake batter you want and bake it using the directions below. I’ve done my own, from scratch, recipes and I’ve done the boxed protein pancakes from Trader Joe’s. All delicious! But if you want to change it up, give my Cheddar Herb Corn Cakes a try! Serve it up with a fried egg and hot sauce and you have a great brunch or brinner meal!
Cheddar Herb Corn Cakes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a 9×13 baking sheet with butter or cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, and, melted butter.
- Pour batter into baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cheese and chives on top of batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the batter is set in the middle. Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into 8 pieces. Enjoy!