I’m going to be honest. I usually buy pesto. Its so simple to make, but I just don’t. But after making this one, that habit may change. Pesto is SO easy to make, it is so customizable, and keeps really well in the freezer. That way I can always have some on hand.
While traditional pesto is made with basil, I love this version so much. Arugula has a bit of a peppery and bitter bite, but combined with the sweetness from the cashews and the tartness of the lemon, it just works! Use it as a sauce on pasta or zoodles. Use it as a topping on a burger. Dip some raw veggies into it. Eat it with a spoon. Whatever your little heart desires! Its just a great condiment to jazz up an otherwise simple meal!
Arugula Cashew Pesto
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 lightly salted cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt+Pepper to taste
- Add arugula, cashews, garlic and cheese to blender.
- Blend until coarsely chopped.
- Stream in olive oil, while blender is running, until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt+pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, store in fridge for up to a week, or freeze for up to 6 months
** Tips for freezing: Freeze in an ice cube tray, then store in a freezer storage bag **